1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret Key Code

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by pilcob, Jan 24, 2011.

1. pilcob

pilcob Member

Hi
    I have purchased a complete set of brand new genuine Audi locks, keys and fobs to fit to my B6 A4 series model after it was stolen and recovered, I shall be fitting these myself and taking to dealer for coding/registering Ect...
    Will my SKC change to the new one supplied with the lock set or will it remain the same as when it was first registered?
    I still have one remaining original key and wish that to also be recoded, will this key need a new transponder or can the original be recoded?

Thanks.
  2. dany2k

dany2k Member

hi mate,
    will need re-coding. going off experience with my brother and him losing his key. he had a new key made up, and when he found the key again, it needed re-coding.
  3. olds_kool

olds_kool Active Member

the skc is stored in instrument cluster, this wont change but all old keys will be deleted when new ones are coded in

i think the b6 have re-usable transponders but not 100% sure
    there only cheap (£5 ish) so probably worth getting one just in case Hickleys :: Welcome to Hickleys - HomePage

i would find a local auto locksmith to code in keys, it will be alot cheaper than going to audi, and audi wont give you your skc as they dont read it
  4. pilcob

pilcob Member

Thanks, will check for local auto locksmith, thought this was dealer fix only, local Audi dealership wanted to have car for 7-10 days to carry out the coding!
  5. pilcob

pilcob Member

Just been looking at the link you posted, they list the remote section as £67 plus VAT, Audi dealer only charged £51.06 plus vat