1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secondry air pump

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Andie0, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Hi all, can i delete this and if so what do i take out and is there anything i needto buy in order to do this properly?
  2. Paul @ Unit

Paul @ Unit Active Member

Need mapping out once done can pull it out, basically it's just for omissions for the cat
  3. dualmono21

dualmono21 Active Member

its used when you first start the car up and the car runs rich extra air is blown through the system to try and dilute the gases
    delete it and remove it by all means but in the long run it will shorten the life of your cat
  4. Paul @ Unit

As above couldn't be bothered to right it all, worth doing if you going decat :)
  5. _adam_

_adam_ Member

This was something i was looking just to simplify the engine bay more than anything, is there a blanking kit of a guide anyone knows of ?
  6. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

you can fit a resistor to stop the CEL. I did the delete on my old car as the SAI was noisy. All it does is blow warm air onto the cat to try and lower emissions, I cannot see how it can shorten the life of the cat at all, unless by cat you mean the neighbours moggie who is breathing in the emissions, then yes it will shorten the cats life.
  7. Andie0

Andie0 Member

I have no cat now anyway! I have a revo map will they be able to adjust the ecu to suit if i take it back there
  8. Paul @ Unit

No as there are a generic map you need a custom one
  9. dualmono21

dualmono21 Active Member

if you have no cat now then fine , but in your sig you list a 200 cell race cat ,
    if you did the mod and removed the secondary air pump while still having this installed over time when starting the car
    the cat would become saturated due to the excess emmisions
  10. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

11. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Havent updated sig soz, i had a 200 cell on there but gutted it and rewelded it back together to work as a decat! I am very happy with my map and didnt realise there would have to be a custom map done after deleting secondry so i think i will just leave it as car is tip top and reliable as it is! Thanks for your advice people