1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second hand SD Satnav warning...

PembsA3 Jun 13, 2014

1. PembsA3

PembsA3 Active Member

Went to my dealer today to ask how much it would cost to activate a second hand sat nav SD card (that I've seen on an internet auction site...). I was advised by the service guy that these cards are issued with one compatible activation code and that once that code has been used once, it can't be used again!.. Now, I am by nature fairly cynical and wonder if this is actually true, but knowing how keenly manufacturers try to protect their investment from 'spurious abuse' it might also be true. He also said that only Audi can reset the service warning indicator and they've had irate customers who've had their cars serviced outside the franchised network and then try to get the dealer to reset it only to be gold Audi won't do it unless they perform the service... Hmmmm... Incidentally they offered me a new satnav SD card for 185 quids and free activation!..

2. driver_tim

driver_tim Active Member Team Daytona Audi A3

Interesting, I thought there was an option in the MMI to reset the service indicator. I may be wrong though.

I'm quite intrigued about this whole SD nav thing; the adverts on eBay are tempting but I can't help feeling there must be a catch. Also I don't think I've seen anyone say they've actually succeeded with that route.

Which dealer was this out of interest?

3. PembsA3

PembsA3 Active Member

Sinclair, South Wales

4. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon

I seem to remember it explains in the manual how to reset the service indicator...

5. PembsA3

PembsA3 Active Member

...hence my cynism!!! Blinkin Stealers!!!!!

6. veeeight

veeeight I am a very pretty girl VCDS Map User Black Edition

Um, in my car, you can only reset the Oil Service interval, not the Inspection Service interval from the MMI.

7. steeve

steeve Well-Known Member TeamMisano Team Ibis Audi S3

I think if you reset the service interval it reverts to interval services.

8. audicruiser

audicruiser Audi Heaven

Yes this is true. If your on Fixed servicing then you can reset the service light through the car. You can't however set the flexible regime through the MMI.