1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

second cam belt change

d4n-b Aug 14, 2011

1. d4n-b

d4n-b New Member

hello,

my a4 2.0tdi avant has 130,000 on the clock, its due a service next week, should i get the belts changed, they were last done at 85,000 miles 3 years ago.

thanks Dan

2. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

prob be safe to leave till next year or year after depending on millege the norm rule is every 70,000 miles or 5 years wa ever come first
    was the water pump at last belt change?

3. d4n-b

d4n-b New Member

as far as i know all belts were changed, the previous owner had it done at audi main dealer.

4. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

double check exactly wa was carried out first of all then go from there he may of jus had the belts changed n not the pullies n pump etc

5. RMH1A4cab

RMH1A4cab I'm in Cruise control

belts always make me nervous, bottom line is if you can afford it get them done.

6. Paul B7

Paul B7 Active Member

If its a BLB engine I would have the balance shaft/oilpump drive changed while your at it ( if it hasn't already been done?) and assuming you can afford it of course.

Paul B

7. d4n-b

d4n-b New Member

thanks for you help, i'm going to leave it for a year. checked my service book and all belts were replaced at 85,000 3 year ago along with a new oil pump.