Seat Swap Help

lewis1

Reaction score
Hi, i have searched the forum but cannot find the exact answer, I currently have leather non-heated black and red seats in my A3 2006 S Line and would like to install these: (which are heated)...will it be a straight swap and just leave the heated bit unplugged or will it cause problems and need to change the connections. I don't want the heated function!

Seats to install:
AUDI A3 (2007) SLINE (3 DOOR) COMPLETE LEATHER INTERIOR (HEATED SEATS) | eBay

Straight swap, just leave heated unplugged, if there are any occupancy sensors on passenger existing seat but not new ones, this could be disabled or decoded potentially.

I would buy, then worry about it, as it could all be sorted if need be.

To back up what Nigel has said, I fitted heated leathers into mine before I had bought all the stuff to get the heated part working. No issues at all leaving them unplugged. All the 8P seats are interchangeable. As long as you've connected the airbag and occupancy sensor it'll be fine.

The price on those seats is a little rich in my opinion. Especially for Pre-facelifts. I've had two sets of leather interiors for mine and paid around £500 each time. If you're feeling patient, shop around. Recently a full dimpled leather facelift S3 set was up for a similar price. Depends what you fancy and how keen you are to get them.

Best of luck with the purchase.

Cheers for your help, I have currently red and black leather interior I would like to remove in excellent condition and I understand they are quite rare so looking to swap over with cash my way tbh

I have full black leather interior that we could sort a deal out on or are you just after the half leathers?

After a full black leather interior for a 3 door to swap for my red and black interior plus cash my way realistically

Surely the red and black seats are rarer (more valuable) than black only. I have been considering the red and black for my s-line and all I have seen on e-bay are dearer than black.

Kevin

Yes I think they are but I would prefer just black leather thats why I would want a swap plus cash my way. I like the red and black but I would rather just black as I want a different scheme on the exterior without clashing with the interior