1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seat stitching

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by microfly, Jan 29, 2012.

1. microfly

microfly Member

[Jan 29, 2012]
    Hi all have noticed that on the passager front seat that the stitching has started coming away ,and the seam where two panels of leather are joined have just began to part.
    This problem is in the middle of the front seat ,you can not notice it apart from a small tuffed of the stitching showing in the fold of the two panels,but is big enough two push my little finger into it.The car is still under audi warranty but i don't know if this would be covered.
    So if anyone can en-lighten me about the warranty that will be my first port of call,and if not does anyone know where i can get this sorted before it started screeping along the seam.:3sadwalk:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 2, 2014]

3. Cruiser89

Cruiser89 Advanced In Car Tech Site Sponsor

[Jan 29, 2012]
    I have noticed this on mine, and mine is only a month old.

I would have thought Audi will class this as general wear and tear and won't cover it.
  4. Gavin0478

Gavin0478 Active Member

[Jan 29, 2012]
    If the car is under warranty.... im guessing less than three years old id argue that that is far shorter than the expected life of any components including the seat stitching....... ok drivers side will get far more abuse than passenger side so surely if it was gonna fail the drivers side would have failed.

yes general wear and tear is a factor but if its happened on a month old car too!!!
  5. dantdi

dantdi ...

[Jan 30, 2012]
    If it's not covered under warranty it can be sorted easily.
    Any Upholsterers should able to sort it in about 5mins.
  6. microfly

microfly Member

[Jan 31, 2012]
    Thanks guys ,Danti could you rec any good upholsterers or should i just google for one ?