1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seat sliding problem.... HELP

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Adibutti, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Adibutti

Adibutti Derv Boy

Has anyone had problems with their front passenger seat ?

It has stopped sliding forward when trying to get people in the back seats !

apparently its just a cable? has anyone done this them selfs b4? wots the part number? any pics??

mine an O3 so no warrenty!!

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Boydie

Boydie Guest

the memory on mine no longer works which is a pain - took it to a garage who told me that they had fixed it, which they hadnt lol

doesnt bother me much anymore, just have to move it back once someone gets into the back - which is rare!

4. newbiecrg

newbiecrg windsurfer

yeah my buckets a pain and no memory as they don't slide.... that is way every passenger gets by the passenger side.... lololol

5. phantom

phantom On Boost

Mins a bit of a pain TBH , sometimes it slides easy other times not , it NEVER slides back without using the handel slider! is my seat knackerd?

p

6. mattandrew

mattandrew Member
    VCDS Map User

I had a problem with the drivers seat the handle on the side would tip the seat forward but not move the seat forward, turned out there is a plastic bracket which mounts the cable to the seat. I removed the seat tipped upside down on the kitchen table and drilled a small hole and screwed the bracket back on.

7. ADEY

ADEY Member

Sorry but mine works perfectly!!!
    had a mk5 vw gti 3dr - those seats were a right pain - went in twice to be 'repaired' but still came back the same
    (sorry its off topic)

8. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

my 04 passenger seat did this; was i think one side of the cable pull snapped and changed under warranty.