1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seat Leon Cupra R Front Splitter

Inertiauk Oct 18, 2012

1. Inertiauk

Inertiauk Member

How much work is involved fitting a Cupra R front splitter to an S4 bumper ?

Like this one

[​IMG]

Does it need chopping or extending to fit. ? do you just put it on with self tappers?

2. S23

S23 Member

I think it needs a small bit trimming and yeah can use self tappers to secure it :)

3. Inertiauk

Inertiauk Member

So it needs to be shortened in the middle and plastic welded ? or trimming from the ends ?

4. S23

S23 Member

from what i have been told its just the ends mate

5. marktdisport

marktdisport Active Member

They will fit m8 without cutting in the middle you may need to trim the end bits a little but not much and I just used some black small self tappers, easy fit just start in the middle to allow you to get it central

6. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

quattrojames did a quick "how to" guide when we did mine.... I took it off the winter before last as it makes a really rotten snow-plow... back on for the summer and then last winter took it off indefinitely... it does look very nice, but just too much hassle to keep digging it out the garage every March...

7. Greeny233

Greeny233 It's all about the V8. Team V8 Team Silver Audi Avant Owner Group Audi S4

When I fitted mine it only required about 2 inches off either end and I fitted it with about 10 self tappers with large penny washers. I cut 2 slots for the original upright supports in the middle of the splitter by just drilling about six 6mm holes.Took about 60 minutes once I got it lined up. I did have the use of a 2 post ramp which made it much easier.

8. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Well-Known Member Team Panther Audi RS4 quattro Audi Avant Owner Group

I really want to add this item to my S4, what year Cupra R does this item come from?

Jasesapphy likes this.
  9. Inertiauk

Inertiauk Member

Geof its from the Cupra R Mk1

Part Number: 1ML805903

I believe whilst people on eBay ask £40-£50 for one, they aren't much more than £20 from seat or TPS.

10. Its my understanding there was only one cupra R splitter, they were found on all cupra r's i believe from 2002 on i know its a big thing on the seatcupra forum, (im a previous cupra owner) almost everyone who mods theyre leons do this mod, but seen it done on a3's golfs, bora's and since ive been a member on here ive seen a4 owners do it also....

Just ask TPS for the Cupra R front splitter im pretty sure the amount theyre asked for them theyll know the part number off hand

11. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

1ML 805 903

Buy it from a dealer, ebay sellers tend to be greedy.

12. cobraBLACK

cobraBLACK Chocolate? It's doo-doo, baby!

Not any more. Since it became a popular mod they doubled the price.