1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seat belt warning gong!

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)' started by The911SC, Apr 20, 2006.

1. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[Apr 20, 2006]
    Driving my new b7 around the other day, the seatbelt warning light kept coming on the the dash gong sounding..
    Got a bit annoyed, plugged my belt back in a couple of times before realising at a later date, the seats have pressure sensors in them to detect if someone is sitting in them. I had some shopping and stuff on the passenger seat at the time, and that was setting it off...

Try just pressing the passenger seat down with your hand and you will see the light come on..
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 21, 2014]

3. andyollie

andyollie Member

[Apr 20, 2006]
    yep noticed ths the first day, just keep the shopping in the boot :p
  4. amb276s3

amb276s3 bird spotter

[Apr 22, 2006]
    anyone know how to disconnect the gong, i've not worn a seatbelt for 20 years so this really annoys me, although the gong does stop after about 2 mins but the light stays on
  5. stedes

stedes New Member

[May 1, 2006]
    amb276s3...i think we would all like to say....PLEASE LEARN TO WEAR one...if you crash the airbag will actually snap your head backwards and you will suffer very bad whiplash or worse. Having worked in A&E for some time it's quite common and can lead to big problems with your neck...

Otherwise enjoy your A4....
  6. amb276s3

amb276s3 bird spotter

[May 1, 2006]
    Thanks stedes, i am just out of practice putting a belt on, being a multidrop driver you are in and out of the van between fifty and sixty times during a thirteen hour day and 1000 miles weekly, try that for 17 years, also i went for the no airbag option when ordering my new sprinter, i will wear it in the car just to shut the damn thing up, do you think there is a debate whether or not seat belts actually do more harm than good in a low speed collision ?, bring back the days when i could drive post office vans with the sliding drivers door open !
  7. Anito

Anito Member

[May 17, 2006]
    I never wore my seatbelt for years either but i've got myself back into the habit over the last year or so.

I know it's dull to say but accidents happen in a split second and you never know they are going to happen... otherwise you would avoid it.
  8. synthdood

synthdood Member

[May 23, 2006]
    I agree with everyone that you should always wear the seatbelt. I actually feal naked without one. Your personal safety should be more important than anything else.

Although I would stongly advise against it, with VAGCOM you can disable the gong. You can also have it sound for 6 seconds instead of the standard 90 seconds. That may be a good compromise. You still get the warning, but at least it'll shut up after some seconds instead of just be there to annoy you.
  9. amb276s3

amb276s3 bird spotter

[May 23, 2006]
    Thanks for the info synthdood, i think i'll go for 6 seconds then when i sell the car it will still be pretty much oem.
  10. addamsmith

addamsmith New Member

[May 27, 2006]
    Please Guy's
    Wear a belt. I may sound like your Mother, but a good friend of mine went just down to the corner shop's only 800 m from his home and got hit by a drunk driver and killed on impact. The cops said if he was wearing one he would have lived. It was the Airbag that killed him.
    Best wishes
    Addam smith
  11. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

[May 27, 2006]
    I quite like it actually.Seatbelts were always law when I learnt to drive so its a habit I always have. To be honest it feels a bit strange sitting in the car without a belt on I think.
  12. curran33

curran33 Member

[Jul 15, 2006]
    it can be annoying if you are just moving your car around while cleaning. easily removed with vagcom.