1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seat belt warning buzzer

jamhot Mar 25, 2012

1. jamhot

jamhot Member

any one know how i can turn this off as i dont wear a belt due to back problems ??? cheers.

2. murran

murran Well-Known Member

simples, pull the passengers belt out and plug it into the drivers buckle. sorted. i do this all the time at work when test driving cars.

or if youve got a passenger then go to a scrap yard and cut a catch off a belt to plug into the buckle.

3. RPB

RPB Active Member Team Ibis Audi S3 Black Edition DSG

I never hear any buzzer in my S3? Is it speed related?

4. fangio

fangio Well-Known Member

Turn it off with vcds....

5. murran

murran Well-Known Member

hmmm, didnt know you could code it out, learn sumurt new everyday!

those are the options then.

6. jamhot

jamhot Member

whats vcds? also how do i get the engine cover off the top of the engine to get to the air filter ?

7. Helifella

Helifella Co-Driver ~ Hattie Staff Member Moderator Regional Rep VCDS Map User

VCDS is the software tool used to alter / check virtually all electrical systems in VW's, Skoda's, Audi's, Seat's etc

I have my passenger seatbelt warning disabled for my dog when he's in his harness and will have mine disabled whilst driving on site.

Don't really understand how a seatbelt can irritate a back prob. My dad is severely disabled due to a crumbling spine yet still manages to wear a belt. I'd rather be slightly uncomfy than risk my life not wearing a belt.

Just my opinion, don't wish to insult or offend anyone.