Seat belt pre-tensioners

GSCollie

Reaction score
3000 trouble free miles under the belt in my S4, apart from having to tow a petrol station around behind me to keep it going......... then a niggle!

On the driver seat the seat belt pre-tensioner (the bit where you clip in the buckle) is now making a creaking noise rubbing against the seat. To remedy it I have had to stuff a cloth between the seat and the unit which seems to work.

As I am one of these short areses cursed with long legs and a short body I have to have the seat fairly far back, which means the space between ther seat and the transmission tunnely is not ideal which is maybe why this is happening. It is not the first time as I had exactly the same problem in my S3

Is it just me? Do other people suffer the same thing? Is there a cure?

HELP!! IT'S DRIVING ME /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif!!

Hi,

I was coming cack from London last week and i noticed a slight creaking noise, spent a couple of minuites glancing round too see where the noise was coming from and it was the seatbelt anchors rubbing against the console (sad or wot?)

Weired as my car has some fluffy stuff stuck to the sides of the seatbelt anchors, so it must of been a niggle when Mr shortie at Audi's testing plant noticed that too LOL.

has your car got leather seats?

Half Leather, half cloth. I can actually wiggle (technical term) the whole unit and it stops the creaking temporarily, but the cloth down in between seat and anchor works best, just a little unsightly.

Need a long term remedy and loathed to take it to Audi because you know what weill happen, it will stop as soon as they go out on their 'little test / diagnostic run' with it and will have lost me car for a day for no reason!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cynical I know........ but true!

LOL i know what you mean, and they look at you in kind of funny way as if you are not all there.

Well they do with me mate,

Give it some time, everything is still settling in with your car, it may quieten off as time goes by.

mike.

How about getting some velcro with the adhesive on the back of it. Just stick one bit (hooks or loops) on the back of the buckle and this should be invisible and do the same job.

I have exactly the same problem, and I also have leather seats. It took me a while to figure it out as I thought it was the seat its self that was creaking. I went back to the dealer with it twice who said they couldn't find a problem, but the creak was getting worse. It was driving me mad untill like you I discovered it was the seat belt buckle rubbing on the seat. I too now have a cloth tucked down there, but that sounds a great idea of scotty's and I am going to try it.
Thanks Scotty.