1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seat backs

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by overdraft, Dec 28, 2013.

1. overdraft

overdraft Member

[Dec 28, 2013]
    Trying to install a DVD system to my Allroad and can't get the cables routed down the back of the seats, do the seat backs come off and if so how it an 2004 a6 model with leather.
    behind the seats are a map pocket with interior light , I have taken out the light but there aren't any retaining screws ........

help needed ASAP..........
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 1, 2014]

3. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Dec 29, 2013]
    The backrest is held with spring clips, however you will break some of the mounting points trying to get it off- it's that tight fit...Also getting the spring clips off their guides will be a mission...
  4. overdraft

overdraft Member

[Dec 29, 2013]
    Frustration set in and I pulled out the bottom of the seat and it popped out of a spring clip of some sort. One seat went back into its mounts the other has one broken clip, all for the smurfs and peppa pig .....thank god the Rosen kit came with head phones .....

Hopefully this will reduces the two human sat navs in the back of the car....but why....are we there yet?
  5. adamss24

adamss24 Well-Known Member

[Dec 31, 2013]
    The joys of parenting... Lucky you can afford to buy the screen kits and have time to fit...