1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seat Airbag Fault?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by NineNails, Jul 15, 2009.

1. NineNails

NineNails Proud sponsor of the snack food industry

[Jul 15, 2009]
    Hi.
    Posting for a mate.
    He's just pulled up fault codes...
    01044 first control module incorrectly coded intermittent
    00656 seat occupied passenger side intermittent

Has anyone had this? There's not much on Google search really. Found mention of Sensor G128 which appears to be a pad in the seat upright somewhere that can come unstuck and fall off??
    He knows about the connector under the seat (had that problem before) and that's fine.
    Anyone please??
    Si.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 23, 2014]

3. Dansmith

Dansmith Member

[Jul 15, 2009]
    Is the fault intermittent or not?

I get it with mine and it seems to be a problem with the switch that turns off the passenger airbag or the warning light of the airbag being off (above your head)

still havn't managed to fix it but its so intermittent it doesn't really bother me!
  4. NineNails

NineNails Proud sponsor of the snack food industry

[Jul 15, 2009]
    I suspect yours is a different fault, He doesn't get the overhead airbag light, it's the main warning one on the instruments that lights and when it's on it's on untill it's reset with vagcom and then comes straight back. Although the code says 'intermittent' it's not because it's all the time.
    The tailgate has just been sprayed and the car has been in an oven...I don't know how hot these get or even if it's relevant, just thought it was worth mentioning.
    Si.