1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Search Engine Optimization?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by AudiSport, Oct 1, 2007.

1. AudiSport

AudiSport Member

[Oct 1, 2007]
    Hi everyone,

It would be great if any of you could spare a few minutes to advise me on the below;

My girlfriend is looking to setup a company trading online. Now I am a graphic designer so will have a head start in getting the look and feel of the website together, however, I really don't understand exactly how 'Search Engine Optimization' works. I'm aware there are companies out there who will offer to do this for me at a cost. I understand that basically this is all about getting her site listed in search engines - however exactly what we will have to do on a day to day basis, and what I need to bear in mind when designing the site is not clear.

Can anyone give me any advice on what I should bear in mind at this early stage, and how we can create / maintain 'through traffic' once the site is live?

Also, what leagal issues do we need to consider when coming up with a name. Can we just choose the name, register an appropriate domain name and start trading, or do we need to contact Companies House etc?

Thank you all very much in advance!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]