SE to S-line

Pull em out and play with them I guess. You can adjust the duration etc with VCDS so they squirt every time to make it easy to set them up.....
I read that twice and laughed.. Is there something wrong with me? :laugh:

Anyone know if the nozzles are easy to change or do you have to change the whole cylinder?

I'm wanting to update the alloys on my SE as per the OP and was looking at the alloys in the below picture.

Can anyone tell me what alloys these are and the part number?

Alloys

I'm wanting to update the alloys on my SE as per the OP and was looking at the alloys in the below picture.

Can anyone tell me what alloys these are and the part number?

View attachment 71323

If you search Audi rs alloys these should come up, they are the wheels fitted to most b7 rs models I believe, could be wrong tho. You can get some copy ones on EBay for around £400

If you buy B7 versions you will have to get the centres bored out as the spiggot is bigger on the B8

If you search Audi rs alloys these should come up, they are the wheels fitted to most b7 rs models I believe, could be wrong tho. You can get some copy ones on EBay for around £400

Thanks mate.

If you buy B7 versions you will have to get the centres bored out as the spiggot is bigger on the B8

Ah right didn't know this, so is it not really worth the hassle?

My local independent has offered me some genuine 19" alloys from his TTRS at only £600 so might go with that instead.

Also, will going from 17" to 19" on the SE suspension make much difference in ride quality? Is it worth the upgrade in general?

IMO bigger wheels look better with less of an arch gap. The standard SE suspension is a bit 4x4 compared with an S-line.
The wheels will fit fine but lowered suspension will make them look better. The SE suspension is fairly compliant so the addition of lower profile tyres won't make that much difference to ride comfort I would have thought.
Bigger wheels means more expensive tyres and less mpg and performance though.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/effects-of-upsized-wheels-and-tires-tested

Reactions: Wardy-- and xpoweruk
IMO bigger wheels look better with less of an arch gap. The standard SE suspension is a bit 4x4 compared with an S-line.
The wheels will fit fine but lowered suspension will make them look better. The SE suspension is fairly compliant so the addition of lower profile tyres won't make that much difference to ride comfort I would have thought.
Bigger wheels means more expensive tyres and less mpg and performance though.
http://www.caranddriver.com/features/effects-of-upsized-wheels-and-tires-tested

That's great and making me think twice about it now.

I wouldn't actually mind staying on the 17", but I couldn't find any 17" Audi alloys that look half decent. The current alloys on the SE are very basic and really hinder the look in my opinion.

Any recommendations for Audi 17" alloys or maybe I should look at different manufacturers?

I would go down the route of trading in for a s line instead of yours being a s line rep, many ppl do it and don't get there money back imo

That's great and making me think twice about it now.

I wouldn't actually mind staying on the 17", but I couldn't find any 17" Audi alloys that look half decent. The current alloys on the SE are very basic and really hinder the look in my opinion.

Any recommendations for Audi 17" alloys or maybe I should look at different manufacturers?
Post up some pics of your car as it is, so we can see the 17" wheels. :)