1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SDS Woes

jon208 Mar 12, 2011

1. jon208

jon208 Member

I think I've finally got the RNS-E figured out.

Made a start on the SDS today but can't seem to get it to do anything other than control the phone - which is a bit dodgy in it's operation.

It won't control the radio, CD or nav. Have I got some sort of limited functionality SDS?

If that's the case is it possible to upgrade to full functionality and is it a big job?

I assume the car currently has an 07 DVD in it - not sure as the DVD seems to be in anti theft mode at the moment.

Jon

2. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

Most of the RNS-E's need the SDS hack to work, have you used the patched firmware?

The mic also need to be wired in correctly. There is a lot of info to be found on Audi Forum

3. roman3000

roman3000 Member

As Khufu said you need to wire the mic in. I have the SDS on my RNS-E (previous owner enabled it) but i still had to fit the wire, wasn't too hard, hardest bit was probably getting the A piller trim off.

4. jon208

jon208 Member

Thanks, I strongly suspect that the unit is still on the 07 firmware. The disc won't eject and I think the coding is set to antitheft mode. I'm planning on getting a 2011 disc for it so that should update the firmware (along with coding it so the disc will eject - obviously!)

I'll pay somebody who knows what they're doing to sort the rest out!

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

& yes I can add this to the work mate :)

6. jon208

jon208 Member

:icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright: