SDS hack

1wheelonly

cabriolet
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
completed the sds hack today, now have sw version 660, coded it up to accept voice control, tested the speech button on my fbmfsw and all works ok.
just need to wire in my mic now which i got off the bay.
does anyone know which wire on the mic goes to which input on the rns-e, i know the pins on the rns-e to use, just woundered if the mic was pin specific.
thanks

Just test it temp as you'll need repair wires anyway on rns to complete so bare wire twist it 1st then test & when correct solder or bullet crimp them, easy peasy & as only 2 wires only 2 ways can test huh.

cheers nhn, i assumed so but i didnt know if i could damage anything by getting it the wrong way round.
just wanted to cover my ***.
thanks again mate

nah wont damage anything, just wont hear you, lol, no worries.

OOOooooo hacking that sounds naughty :)

What does the hack do and how do you know what software version you currently have??

OOOooooo hacking that sounds naughty :)

What does the hack do and how do you know what software version you currently have??

If you have the 2009 maps then you will have S/W 0650. You can check this in the one of the menus under "Nav" on your RNS-E

BIG BIG thanks to nhn, helped me out over the phone ( whilst eating pizza ) very knowledgable guy and very helpfull, thanks for taking the time nige. :thumbsup:

1wheel- looks like you'll be needing to update that signature of yours again !

Actually press Car then select version & shows u maps currently on dvd & the firmware version of RNS IIRC

just what his missus wants.....:undwech:

dont need to talk to her now anyway, i can sit and talk to the car now, and i get a better response!!!! LOL

Hey should of fit button to turn mic of whilst she's using car, lol, cant hear you love, lol

BIG BIG thanks to nhn, helped me out over the phone ( whilst eating pizza ) very knowledgable guy and very helpfull, thanks for taking the time nige. :thumbsup:

Real italian pizza whilst in Venezia, lol, sod the phone bill.

No worries glad could assist.

Cheers guys i did press car but wasn't sure what was meant to be under that option so it didn't mean anything to me plus i spent more time working out how to get the language changed form german to english.

will play with it a tad more when i have some time.

It will show something like 8P0919884AA which would be the map version namely the part number for the DVD's & then software/firmware version something like 0650, post up then can advise what you have mate.

The RNS-E i got came with a backup copy of the 2009 Maps discs (for testing purposes only) which they have burnt onto a verbatim dual layer DVD-R the RNS-E is having a bit of an issue reading this disc and comes up with error unable to read DVD. So i have got in contact with the guy i got it from as i was worried the DVD drive might be dodgy he is gonna send me another copy of the 2009 disc plus an original 2007 disc to make sure the DVD drive is ok. Anyway once i have these discs i will give it another test as at the mo it aint the easiest thing to test as i have to take my single DIN concert stereo out of the car and balance the RNS-E on the gearknob to plug it and play with it. So will post up what it says then.

Cheers guys dunno how i would cope without you lot i defo wouldn't be retrofitting stuff in my car without your help, far too scary :)

The RNS-E i got came with a backup copy of the 2009 Maps discs (for testing purposes only) which they have burnt onto a verbatim dual layer DVD-R the RNS-E is having a bit of an issue reading this disc and comes up with error unable to read DVD. So i have got in contact with the guy i got it from as i was worried the DVD drive might be dodgy he is gonna send me another copy of the 2009 disc plus an original 2007 disc to make sure the DVD drive is ok. Anyway once i have these discs i will give it another test as at the mo it aint the easiest thing to test as i have to take my single DIN concert stereo out of the car and balance the RNS-E on the gearknob to plug it and play with it. So will post up what it says then.

Cheers guys dunno how i would cope without you lot i defo wouldn't be retrofitting stuff in my car without your help, far too scary :)

Back-ups (ahem) should be on a DVD+R DL (note the +) and written at 2x speed for the best chance of them working well ;)

i didn't make the "backup" the guy i bought it form did so no idea what speed it was burnt at. It may of been a + not a - disc as i can't really remember cos its not infront of me to look at.

gonna try it with the original 2007 version first as this will at least prove the DVD drive is ok. Infact today whilst i had 5 mins i took the top cover off the RNS-E and used an air duster to blow out any dust n dirt so it looks nice n clean now so fingers crossed that should give it the best chance of working 100%.