1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SDHC card not working!??

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by steve1719, Oct 30, 2011.

1. steve1719

steve1719 New Member

I have loaded loads of music onto my SD card but when i plug it in, nothing plays. doesnt even recognise it. Any ideas on waht i am doing wrong??
  2. scoTTy

scoTTy Active Member

You're using an SDHC card.

You car is a 2008 and the SDHC compatibility starting coming in around the 2009 models.

I've a couple of new non-SDHC 4Gb cards (still sealed) that I bought in advance of getting my car..... but my car does take SDHC so I've not used them.

It's now getting more difficult to get non SDHC.

Make me an offer if you like.
  3. johnnythepie

johnnythepie Active Member

I have a similar problem with a 500gb western digital passport drive.AMI wont recognise it, but anything apple is fine.Is your card SD or SDHC as per scottys suggestion?
  4. gary3306

gary3306 Member

I had this problem the other day, and was pulling my hair out re-formatting the card and trying again. Hours later, I realised that the song files I was loading onto the card were being ripped in 'wma' format :crying: Deleted the whole library and ripped them all again in MP3 format this time lol.:redface:
  5. Soft lad

Soft lad Member

Like Gary said, I would suggest the music is in the wrong format. Download a free converter and put them in mp3
  6. gary3306

gary3306 Member

Windows media player will rip into MP3 format.