1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sd cards and i tunes

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by ivor1, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ivor1

ivor1 Member

hi guys i would like to know if there is a convenient way to transfer music from itunes to the sd card . i tried this the other day and it seemed cumbersome plus some of the tracks were not recognised , stereo said they were damaged!

what should i be doing for the transfer ?

click on track, show in windows explorer, send to sd card .

please advise

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Soft lad

Soft lad Member

Hi there.

All your music should be in your music files. Click on start, select music and there should be a file called itunes music. Open that and all your songs are there. Songs I downloaded are in mp3 that your car will play and will show on the MMI. Songs from cd's are in mpeg4 and wont show on MMI so I downloaded an mpeg 4 to mp3 converter.

I then started a new folder called G's music and sent all the converted songs to there. Once all songs were converted I connected up my SD card and dragged and dropped them in.

Hope that helps.

4. elan2s

elan2s Member

Can't be certain but I suspect those marked as "damaged" are ones you have bought through the iTunes store and are therefore protected files which can only be played from an Apple device

5. Soft lad

Soft lad Member

Holy moley, I have never bought from iTunes. I download from legal sounds. 9 cents a song, about 5p. They go straight on the sd card no problem.