SD CARD slots on navi plus

eugegall

Reaction score
Hi All.

Sorry to keep asking stupid questions but can i put my entire music library onto an SD card then into the unit to play all of my music?

thanks chaps

depends how big your music libray is

There is an upper limit to how many files and folders a card may have but I can't remember it. I THINK it is 400-500

Up to 2gb per slot not the 4gb HC cards

I have 4Gb SD cards, not HC and they work fine. Difficult to find them though.

Ive been unable to get 4gb Sds for ages.

TIP:

Make sure when you drag music folders across, that you delete any NON .mp3 files as they can confuse the RNSE.

Not sure you need 4GB sd card since the number of song limitation prevents it go anywhere near 4GB. That is unless you keep a high bitrate.

I had one 2 GB card at first but then changed to a 4GB, I copied the 2 GB card to the 4 GB one and added a load more albums on top again so Id definately recomend going for the 4 GB card. I actually use 2 4GB cards now. Bought them from ebay and were well worth it.

Can you PM a link? Need some new ones but can't find any. Thanks

Currently unavailable mate :) Thanks for trying though

When I had a 2009 (192) RNS-E I was using the Transcend 4GB Cards. Older Nintendo branded SD cards will work also.

If I remember correctly 4GB is the max size and they must be non SDHC. There is a limit to the number of "total" folders (including sub folders) which the unit would understand, so you need to be careful with your organisation. Sorry, cannot remember the limitation figure. There is also a limit on both the total number, individual and combined, of characters for file naming and file path, like old DOS systems it has a maximum pathname length of 64 characters (pathname = folder name(s) plus filename).

ID3 Tags are limited to v2 or 2.2 as well, I used to set all to v1 to be honest and never had any issues. If you’re on a Mac, show all and then remove all hidden files eg the .ds_store, the RNS-E's get confused by these. cards need to be FAT32 formatted.

I have a 2010 (193) unit now and am using SDHC 8GB cards, believe the max is 16GB per slot.

Feeler: If I managed to get some non HC 4gb SD cards, who would be interested? I live in Cyprus, so people would need to be patient. I will also need to see what quantities may be requested and what shipping will cost. If it's worth my time I'm willing to give it a go.