SD Card size in MMI system, 2017 A4

smccran

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've got a 2017 A4 Quattro, 66 plate. It's got two SD card slots. One for Sat Nav, another for Multi media. The manual states that the maximum size card it can take is 128gb.

Weirdly though the MMI system isn't finding all the files on the card. I copied a load of Mp3 files to the card, I can see them all on a laptop, but i can see them in the car. If I search the car can't find them, or browse and the car can't find them.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there an update to the MMI? Or do I need smaller SD cards?

i have a Rns-e mk2 in my S3 and it is a 32gb sd card not the smallest one you can but one up from that and it is formatted to Fat32 and works a treat.
What type off card does your car use the one like mine or an nano sd card ( like iphone sim ) cause if it is the latter it might be you need to get the one without adaptor ( solid one ) .

Hi,
I've done a bit of digging around after this post and it seems to be the number of files you have on an SD card rather than the size of the card itself. There seems to be a limit of 10k files per card. So I've split my music over and SD card and a USB stick, both plugged into different places. Not ideal, but the car can 'see' a whole load more music now.

i noticed that after i had already sent you the message . Well at least its all cleared up now lol