1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SD Card format..

bcal707 Nov 6, 2010

1. bcal707

bcal707 New Member

I have a A5 Coupe and decided to transfer some music to SD cards, having already purchased some cards I set too to copy music from iTunes & CD but when I come to play them in the car most albums only play one or two tracks, and some play none. If I play these SD card albums on any other machine P.C,iPod, CD they all work fine, so should the music be transferred to SD cards in a different format, or is there a secret to this that I am not aware off ??
    John.

2. PaulTheo

PaulTheo Member

My A4 B8 should be just about the same as your A5 and I just drop MP3s onto the card and I have never had a problem with them. There must be a problem with the card reader as you have already tried the card in another reader. Sorry sounds like a visit to the dealer!

3. bcal707

bcal707 New Member

I think I have solved my own question !! It appears songs that are downloaded from CD to iTunes and songs downloaded directly from iTunes are recorded in MP4 format, I changed the SD card to FAT 32 and converted all the music I wanted to download to the card to MP3 format, and it appears all works fine now. The only thing I don't know for sure is the max size SD card you can use, I have only used 1gb cards and they hold approx 15 albums each with about 15 tracks .

4. danjwilson

danjwilson New Member

My understanding is that the reader in the car is SDHC format, and I have heard tell of folks using 32Gb cards with no problem. There may be an issue with card capacity and MMI version though (max amount of titles / folders), so you might need to get some advice on that, as 32Gb cards are still quite expensive.