1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scuffed wing mirror

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by StevenAFC, Dec 27, 2007.

1. StevenAFC

StevenAFC Member

[Dec 27, 2007]
    Really annoyed, woke up this morning and my wing mirror has a nasty scuff on it, havent had much of a chance to inspect it, but its white, so I assume im down the the primer.

I want to get this fixed, any suggestions? And also any idea how much. The car is S-Line avus silver.

Would Audi do it?
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 22, 2014]

3. jasaudi

jasaudi Member

[Dec 27, 2007]
    Yes, I would wander into your Audi dealer and ask them who they use to do their post delivery touch ups. They will probably let you go direct and for something that small any good paint shop shpould be able to do it. Real issue is whether it has put grooves into the plastic in which case it will need filling as well
  4. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 27, 2007]
    You could also try you local 'Chips Away'. I had some scratches on a door mirror on my previous A3 and Chips Away sorted it out and it looked as good as new. Quite a bit cheaper than the quote from a bodyshop.
  5. StevenAFC

StevenAFC Member

[Dec 27, 2007]
    Thanks for the replies, having a proper look at it, its pretty minor, about 1 inch long, and 3/inch tall.

Ill give Audi a call, they were quite cheap when I got my tire replaced (same as KiwkFit).

Since having this car, maybe 2-3 months, windscreen chip, tire with nail through it, and now this! These things come in 3's they say!:scared2:
  6. emzino

emzino Active Member

[Dec 27, 2007]
    I'm getting 2 chips on my windscreen sorted out. Called RAC and it's free (unless being replaced which it ain't) so there sending out AutoWindscreen on wednesday to sort that out.

I got scuffs on each windscreen too (thanks mum) but I was hoping to get the whole housing replaced as I thought it'd be cheap... it ain't so i'll also goto Audi and see what they can do as well as speaking to Chips Away.
  7. Matt

Matt Active Member

[Dec 28, 2007]
    My wing mirror got scraped in the storage compound. They got the local Chips Away to respray it
  8. StevenAFC

StevenAFC Member

[Dec 28, 2007]
  9. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Dec 28, 2007]
    A photograph can do that much easier - don't rely on photographs for colour match. When I use them on the soor mirror my previous silver A3 you could not tell old from new.
  10. StevenAFC

StevenAFC Member

[Dec 28, 2007]
    Sounds good! The scratch really is minimal, but if I dont get it done ill be conscious of it constantly! Passenger side as well! Not good!

What the hell are these guys doing >> :sex: