1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scuffed Wing Mirror

cjp2k Aug 10, 2007

1. cjp2k

cjp2k Member Team Tango Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon

I have just scuffed the wing mirror of my Sportback when putting it into the garage.. doh

Does anyone know whats the best way to fix it.. Can you get touch up sticks? Anyone any experience of SMART repairs or can any one reccomend good body shops around Teesside/Darlington area

Cheers

Chris

2. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Directly opposite where Teeside Audi used to be, its called Stephenson Street Garage, they do all Audi's touch up work. Iv'e had stuff done there before on previous cars and they are excellent.

3. cjp2k

Cheers, Will have a look round there in a few mins

I asked Audi when I took the car in for a couple of warranty items and they said they only use their own bodyshop and dont every do touch ups?:mad:

4. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

Thats what they would say.....

For the little stuff ie when you buy a used car that needs bit and bobs done and heaven forbid minor things on a new car this is where they go.

For big stuff and proper insurance jobs they go to North Shields to the silverlink ind est to the major dealership bodyshop.

Imagine them taking every used car that needs stuff doing all the way up to North Shields through the Tyne Tunnel.......doesn't happen!!

5. cjp2k

Yeah thats what I was thinking, they wouldnt use the bodyshop for every tiny scratch etc.. As i work a minute from the old dealership will have a look round to see how much for the repair and time taken etc