"Screwing Up A Perfectly Good Car - My Bagged B7 Avant"

ChristianCameron

Reaction score
I started with this in September last year, a 2007 1.8T A4 with 58k from a VW dealership -

In January I got S-line shocks and springs, fitted them, realized it had hardly any effect on ride height and got 40mm lowering springs to replace the S-line springs. Also got an awful set of RS4 reps and resprayed them silver (They were graphite and badly kurbed) and painted the calipers yellow to achieve this;

Then, in March I disaster struck in the form of a set of 19" 3SDM 0.01's

Then, I bagged it. Got an amazing deal through the VWvortex forum, massive shout out to Performance Vagwerks and Coating, the guys who supply airlift sorted me out with a kit at a great price. Most excited parcel I'd ever recieved and felt like such a long wait!

And so we began the fiting...

Only took a day and the quality of the kit and instructions mean that it is fairly easy to fit. Thankfully I didn't have to do any notching but do want to do an upper control arm notch in the near future so that it will sit lower at the front. The ride is indescribably good - still comfortable and well routed in corners. Obviously handling will depend on 3 things which are all alterable - Ride height, damping (32 click damping adjustment in the airlift bags) and amount of PSI in bags.

Reactions: Ash B, CHEZ, Whopper and 1 other person
So we come to June, where things kicked off fairly quickly.

It all started when I put my 3SDM's up for swaps, because I wanted something smaller to achieve some kind of stance and get the most out of my bags with a nice set of wheels. I got a call from someone in England who was so desperate for the wheels that he was willing to give more than I what I paid for them, and get a ferry over to collect them! I accepted and drove about on my standard wheels for a few weeks until I found something nice. I also picked up a cheap fibreglass kit locally, because I really didn't like how high the B7's front bumper sits, it didn't look anywhere near mean enough. I knew it was going to be a massive job to fit because I wanted it fitted and properly filled so it looked factory. Thats exactly what we did. I'll let the pictures do the talking...

My First puncture.

Going country with a steel wheel and a field.

New wheels still to come...

Reactions: CHEZ and WOLF
Thanks guys! Heres the rest of the story till now;

About 2 weeks ago me a friend went across from Belfast to Liverpool as foot pasengers on a ferry to collect a vey unique set of wheels that had everything I wanted - 18" Artec L Edition wheels with custom dish and powdercoated a graphite grey - 9J front and 9.5J rear. The wheels were absolutely immaculate and hadn't been on a car since they'd been refurbished.

Carrying them on board-

Me in my element-

The test fit-

The tyres-

Meanwhile, this was happening-

I had to get spacers, spigot rings, motorbike valves (not the regular 10mm valves in custom dishes) and managed to get nice set of audi centre caps which worked really well-

A bit of vagcom coding to add the euro Headlights-

Sorry the photos aren't great, just using my phone but getting a feature done next week by the guys at HoodStatus so I'm looking forward to that!

Reactions: DieselJake
Thanks Brendan, I don't know I think estates are becoming very fashionable in the dub scene, their all over the PerformanceVW magazines now and their seen as being more suited to bigger engines

Do like this!!

I saw the kit and thought it was going to look awful - but...... I was wrong. Works nicely!

Loving the rims too :)

Second Feature With RideLowParkLower after quite a few changes since my last post...
djLVPU9DGuzRuivYkBQ2piW5MB39i8nuvYom2RoGppc7gxEvVLUC9xyHFL6N6fQe

TW99SSCCNOs05pcqz7G5B43d5zEMZbtjFDy98mOkB58xgpvjBdDkrNFXiQQvoehc

On9lrNeyfUlE2qnmowL1bUcTaZRnarYbgNOTWicYPPAj7HP0Z8U9fDFdhskUjNSN

tbq9MjsCROJMNofAREuDGhaoOgmuqBge21ixgiFeoJyKnTZKTTKAxEfB6BVLj0Zu

Then 2 weeks later went on to win Runner up Best A4 at Dubshed in Belfast which me and the team were absolutely delighted about after all the hard work!

11080335_880602662007254_7546883878387341001_o.jpg

10989120_865373366838085_5883436074802977086_n.jpg