1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Screw holding disc to hub

dusty Mar 20, 2012

1. dusty

dusty Active Member Team Nogaro Blue Audi S3

Hi, does anyone know what size countersunk screw I need to buy, to replace the screws that hold the discs to the hubs, as both of the rear screws are snapped in the hubs.

2. Jacko4130

Jacko4130 Goodie Gum Drops

I'm sure there M6 thread

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow... Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

Most motor factors or Halfrauds should sell them tbh

<tuffty/>

4. dusty

Generally are they all the same size for different makes of cars

5. Darren4

Darren4 Member

Try b&q as you they have many differant sizes

6. The Doctor

The Doctor Well-Known Member

Do you need to replace them? Surely once the discs are correctly located on the hub, then the wheel bolts hold them in position? Isn't the screw just there to hold the disc in position while the wheel is off the hub?

7. StaceyS3

StaceyS3 Well-Known Member

I replace mine with Allen countersunk ones although still have a tendency to round off as m6 only use a 4mm Allen key but you can still put more torque through it than a Phillips or pozi drive screw ;)

8. dusty

I haven't over tightened the screws, I replaced the rear pads a few weeks ago and noticed both the heads of the screws were missing sheared off, and yes I am aware the screws are only to locate the disc on the hub, I just wanted to know the thread size and then I can source some from work

9. L33h

L33h Member

Exactly. I havnt got any in my car. Just need a bit of skill to put the wheels on haha

10. StaceyS3

StaceyS3 Well-Known Member

Sorry I meant torque to get it off not tighten up ;)