1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scratches

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by 06060918@Brookes.ac.uk, Jun 26, 2008.

1. 06060918@Brookes.ac.uk

Hi to all, Iv got an A3 in brilliant black, so it has become really noticeable when some "pikey" decided to run his key along the driver side. I took it to audi where I live and they say that I would have to get the whole panel buffed out, the actualy scratch is only about 9inches long on the front panel.

My question is, is there any product that I can use to reduce the scratch or cover it up (some sort of black fill in pen or sumthing)?

thnak you.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

Needs machine polishing (and that may not completely remove it), trying to touch it up would leave a noticable long black line rather than a scratch.

4. cliveywolves

cliveywolves Member

hi

all depends how deep the scratch prob will need machine polishing but still might not come out . But i would never try and paint it out will only make it look worse in my opinion....

i had a few on my car i used auto glym paint renovator and then auto glym polish on it after and got most of mine out, but my car is silver so never shows as much as a black car , good luck...

5. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

It will usually help to use the same colour polish as the car...can't remember the what its called but its got a lip-stick which may cover it ..i think its turtle wax and you put the lipstick over the scratch and then use the polish on top.

But run your finger-nail over the scratch and if you can feel it, that means its probably to deep to polish out !