1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scratches

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by 06060918@Brookes.ac.uk, Jun 26, 2008.

1. 06060918@Brookes.ac.uk

06060918@Brookes.ac.uk New Member

[Jun 26, 2008]
    Hi to all, Iv got an A3 in brilliant black, so it has become really noticeable when some "pikey" decided to run his key along the driver side. I took it to audi where I live and they say that I would have to get the whole panel buffed out, the actualy scratch is only about 9inches long on the front panel.

My question is, is there any product that I can use to reduce the scratch or cover it up (some sort of black fill in pen or sumthing)?

thnak you.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 27, 2014]

3. S3IZZO

S3IZZO Guest

[Jun 26, 2008]
    Needs machine polishing (and that may not completely remove it), trying to touch it up would leave a noticable long black line rather than a scratch.
  4. cliveywolves

cliveywolves Member

[Jun 26, 2008]
    hi

all depends how deep the scratch prob will need machine polishing but still might not come out . But i would never try and paint it out will only make it look worse in my opinion....

i had a few on my car i used auto glym paint renovator and then auto glym polish on it after and got most of mine out, but my car is silver so never shows as much as a black car , good luck...
  5. kaz219

kaz219 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jun 27, 2008]
    It will usually help to use the same colour polish as the car...can't remember the what its called but its got a lip-stick which may cover it ..i think its turtle wax and you put the lipstick over the scratch and then use the polish on top.

But run your finger-nail over the scratch and if you can feel it, that means its probably to deep to polish out !