1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scratches stone chips advice

southylad Nov 11, 2013

1. southylad

southylad Active Member

i have a radiant red sportback 56 plate s line , it has a lot of stone chips on bonnet and bumper from previous owner and some kind person put a deep foot long scratch on the back pannel above the filler cap the other day, anyway i was thinking of getting the front end repainted due to this , but i was worried about the colour match as people say red is a bad colour to get a good match , also do you think the bopyshop could b do a smart repaire on the scratch on the rear without having to repaint the panel? also just so i know a bit about things when i look for a repairer what laquer is best to use as i seem to remember something about useing 2k laquer instead of 1k which most use and is cheaper and not as good or hard wereing is this true , any help would be great thanks.

2. AdriansS3

AdriansS3 Member

I had the front end sprayed on my old red S3 due to chips and the match was perfect. If you use a good respectable bodyshop you shouldn't have any problems.

southylad likes this.
  3. Dan-Jnr

Dan-Jnr Well-Known Member

Find out who your local Audi dealer uses if its not in-house and go direct to them.

southylad likes this.
  4. southylad

southylad Active Member

Thanks for replies