Scratches on Piano Black Trim

GlasgowRangers

Reaction score
What is the best way to remove light scratches from the piano black trim? It seems to scratch very easily. Can anybody provide me with a link for a good product? Ta.

Plast-X by meguirs I think....

I'm wanting to know wether the finish is only a certain thickness or wether you can keep polishing and not go through it....

brillo.JPG

lmao yeah that'll give it the nice effect of the alum trim, but in black

Just use some fine liquid compound like G3 mate as I did before I sold my black trims & it brings them up almost to new.

Ah sorry for that post then saying to use it!

Have read many others who have used it though........

I use the Jeffs Werkstat Prime Strong or Acrylic on mine - brings them up to a great gloss, though i've never suffered from scratches.

well the G3 worked wonders on the piano black trim I took of my car that I then sold, then again i did rub it hard enough a genie popped out & magic'd the scratches away, where's Paul Daniels when you need him, but back on topic, it really did work well & retained the gloss effect completely, I use it on my lacquer when some numpty scratches the car & cats

well the G3 worked wonders on the piano black trim I took of my car that I then sold, then again i did rub it hard enough a genie popped out & magic'd the scratches away, where's Paul Daniels when you need him, but back on topic, it really did work well & retained the gloss effect completely, I use it on my lacquer when some numpty scratches the car & cats

What is g3 where can you buy it from has it got a full name or is that it g3 ??? I got a couple on mine i was gonna use the finest wet and dry paper then laqaur them a pain i know and could ruin them ...But i done my 09 lights black then rubbed em down back to red and laqaured them and there fine just a lot of messin about though if you can get some good ol elbow grease on it with "G3" ....That would be much better

PXOCO340.gif

I might get some actually, I'll check what mate gets it for.

where do you buy it from pal and what exactly is it for ???

google it fella, its for getting a nice shine from lacquer, removes surface marks & scratches, worked wonders on my car at time when found marks on it, did amazing job on the piano trims I tell yer

oh yeah doh i usually google things to but having only 2 hours sleep last night my brain isnt working as it should be lol oh well of to kip cos im battered and babys up at 4 again its like groundhogday arrrrrrrgh

groundhog_day.jpg

and hey a pic of the actual clock he smashes the crap out of pee funny that

groundhogdayclock.jpg