1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Repair

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by MikeA3, Apr 18, 2005.

1. MikeA3

MikeA3 Active Member
    VCDS Map User

Hi All,

Basically some little sh*t decided to run a key or something down the side of my car the other week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

They look quite deep and have gone through the outer layer as well as the white under layer.

I got some touch up paint from audi but can't say i was overly impressed with it.

Other than a re-spray which is likely to set me back £650 +, does anyone know the best way to get rid of them?

Mike

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[ QUOTE ]
    Hi All,

Basically some little sh*t decided to run a key or something down the side of my car the other week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

They look quite deep and have gone through the outer layer as well as the white under layer.

I got some touch up paint from audi but can't say i was overly impressed with it.

Other than a re-spray which is likely to set me back £650 +, does anyone know the best way to get rid of them?

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear that mate ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But I fear that the only repair would indeed be a respray.

4. Stepho

Stepho Member

Mike, try this Linky

They done a repair for someone I work beside and I would recomend them. Super job, at less that half the price of a repair shop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

5. Mustafa4hmed

Mustafa4hmed Member

yeh chipsaway seem to have a good reputation. Another company my friend used was smart solutions http://www.smartsolutionsuk.co.uk/ and they did a spot less job.

Since some little idiot scratched both my cars (from front wing to back) I'm also lookin at gettin it repaired. More concerned about the scratch on my 7-series than the audi though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. - as am thinking about selling it to get a classy Audi S8.