1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Repair

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by MikeA3, Apr 18, 2005.

1. MikeA3

MikeA3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Apr 18, 2005]
    Hi All,

Basically some little sh*t decided to run a key or something down the side of my car the other week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

They look quite deep and have gone through the outer layer as well as the white under layer.

I got some touch up paint from audi but can't say i was overly impressed with it.

Other than a re-spray which is likely to set me back £650 +, does anyone know the best way to get rid of them?

Mike
  2. Ads

Ads

[Nov 28, 2014]

3. Japper

Japper Ibis S3 Fan Club

[Apr 18, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Hi All,

Basically some little sh*t decided to run a key or something down the side of my car the other week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

They look quite deep and have gone through the outer layer as well as the white under layer.

I got some touch up paint from audi but can't say i was overly impressed with it.

Other than a re-spray which is likely to set me back £650 +, does anyone know the best way to get rid of them?

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear that mate ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But I fear that the only repair would indeed be a respray.
  4. Stepho

Stepho Member

[Apr 19, 2005]
    Mike, try this Linky

They done a repair for someone I work beside and I would recomend them. Super job, at less that half the price of a repair shop. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif
  5. Mustafa4hmed

Mustafa4hmed Member

[Apr 28, 2005]
    yeh chipsaway seem to have a good reputation. Another company my friend used was smart solutions http://www.smartsolutionsuk.co.uk/ and they did a spot less job.

Since some little idiot scratched both my cars (from front wing to back) I'm also lookin at gettin it repaired. More concerned about the scratch on my 7-series than the audi though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif. - as am thinking about selling it to get a classy Audi S8.