1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scratch removal

Discussion in 'Detailing - Sponsored by Slim's Detailing' started by Petedavies, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Petedavies

Petedavies New Member

[Feb 12, 2012]
    I wash my car every week and yesterday noticed a huge deep scratch (its about 12 inches long and a couple of mm wide) on the bottom half of the passenger door....... i was devastated! its the height of a bmx stun peg so i think some kids have done it as its in a position that couldnt be done whilst driving. i have a few other light scratches which i want removing any info on whats best to use to remove them or which products to use etc.

any help much appreciated

Thanks
    Kami likes this.
  2. cloughy

cloughy Member

[Feb 12, 2012]
    Meguiars scratch X is good, I've got some lights scratches out with it, if you can get a fingernail in the scratch it's gonna be a re spray unfortunately
    Kami likes this.
  3. floyd 1.8 turbo

floyd 1.8 turbo Mirror, Signal, Outmanoeuvre

[Feb 12, 2012]
    Try some 2000 grit wet and dry sand paper with a soft rubber block. Make sure there's no grit or dust or that'll scratch it further, try to block out the scratch then polish up with a machine polisher and some farcela G6 compound followed by a bid wax to bring it up to shine. If that fails you'll need it respraying, shouldn't be that expensive
    Kami likes this.
  4. Juicy Jen

Juicy Jen Jen @ Juicy Detailing Site Sponsor

[Feb 13, 2012]
    Can you get any photos? wet and dry should really be your last resort
  5. drmole

drmole Well-Known Member

[Feb 13, 2012]
    if its as deep as you say then no product or wet n dry will shift it sorry to say

as Jen says post a pic and we can offer more detailed advice
    Kami likes this.