1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scraping Noise from rear? Brake and pad replacement? or stone stuck?

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by parin, Jun 16, 2009.

1. parin

parin New Member

[Jun 16, 2009]
    Hi,

I have a 04 plate 1.9tdi standard audi a3.

Recently the car has been making a really loud noise from the rear end of the car when I brake at low speeds.

The noise is temperamental, doesn't happen every time? But recently its become more frequent.

Its unbearable :(

I have been browsing some of the threads on here and some people said that stones or pebbles got stuck somewhere? What do i need to do to check if this is the case?

Its most likely brakes and pads, in that case could someone guide me here to a website or any links on where I can get genuine audi a3 pads and discs? because i couldnt find them on ebay. If not could you recommend after market but good quality break pads and discs.

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. parin

parin New Member

4. tom-craig@hotmail.co.uk

tom-craig@hotmail.co.uk Member

[Jun 18, 2009]
    i had the very same problem no stones or trapped grit to speak of,my son is a trained vag mechanic we took the pads out and filed the the edges down a mill or to and copper greased them and no more noise at all,the pads were new bourght from a reputable dealer.:icon_thumright: