1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sciatica

Discussion in 'Rants & Raves' started by hartey, Jul 22, 2011.

1. hartey

hartey Member

Grrrrrrrr I have a serious pain in the ass, literally, stemming from when I popped a disc 3weeks ago, my right testicle is in serious pain and I have shin splints too!
    Just want some sympathy as i ain't getting any from my 7 month pregnant wife!

Also some tips to alleviate the pain please, specially in my doo daa!
  2. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

A very hot bath mate with some morphine :friends:
  3. Peachy

Peachy Bazinga!

I have more sympathy for the 7 month wife :laugh:

Sorry :doctor:
  4. damo.h

damo.h DVLA Say it's Black

Ouch dude! Back pain sucks, Lie flat and rais yr knees with yr feet on the floor to release the pressure on Yr sack. Ice pack (frozen veg) will take down any internal swelling around Yr virtebrea. Hot bath to sooth the pain. Failing that..... Jack D ;)
  5. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

I thought I had sciatica a month ago, been seeing the Chiropractors for the last 3 weeks getting my back stretched and allsorts, I recommend it, it was only a tenner for the first consultation with a groupon voucher, see if there's any local to you with similar offers.
  6. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

try this:
    ‪Exercises For Sciatica‬‏ - YouTube

I broke my neck a good few years back and in the last year I have had various sciatic related aches. One spell I was about two weeks in and found this video and tried it. Did the exercise twice and honestly, it was as good as gone !! Now I cant obviously guarantee it for you, wish I could but it sorts me out when I need it. Just make sure you really lean back into the exerrcise when you are doing the part with the ankle across knee, get that deep stretch!! Dont want to be responsible for you doing more of a mischief by doing this so please do your own research on it to check it will be OK !!!

Good luck and let me know if it was a near miracle like it was for me !!!
  7. sidibear

sidibear Looking for Zombies !! Staff Member Moderator

Actiq :icon_thumright:
  8. a3tdi2001

a3tdi2001 Member

try this:
    ‪Exercises For Sciatica‬‏ - YouTube

I broke my neck a good few years back and in the last year I have had various sciatic related aches. One spell I was about two weeks in and found this video and tried it. Did the exercise twice and honestly, it was as good as gone !! Now I cant obviously guarantee it for you, wish I could but it sorts me out when I need it. Just make sure you really lean back into the exerrcise when you are doing the part with the ankle across knee, get that deep stretch!! Dont want to be responsible for you doing more of a mischief by doing this so please do your own research on it to check it will be OK !!!

Good luck and let me know if it was a near miracle like it was for me !!!

I started doing this exercise a couple of months ago and it's changed my life.
  9. crazypainter

crazypainter Member

a3tdi2001, As you copied and pasted my reply, does that mean you tried the exercise, if so, did it do you any good?
  10. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :)

Crazypainter, im going to look at that vid when I get a chance, I have Sciatica too and lower lumbar pain, have had it for a good few years, but it all came to a head when the little one was born, as I could only hold him for about 15minutes before I was in serious pain.

I went to physio for about 6 months that did make quite a difference and I was told to do some stretching excercises, which really do make a difference, I still get the pain quite bad and regularly.

Someone once mentioned to me years ago that the way they get rid of their sciatic pain is by smoking a bit of the ol' wacky backy!!

Must admit have never tried it, but the stretches, defo worth it.
  11. hartey

hartey Member

Thankyou all for your replies, will look at that video, when I get back from acupuncture, it's getting to the stage where I can't stand for longer than 5 mins, tried everything, wacky backy just takes the edge off!

And cheers peachy!!!! Lol, I do have a lot of sympathy for her too!
  12. symun

symun Member

If you have any pain in your balls or you get any bladder problems then thats a serious matter and you will need to see a doctor for him to get you in for scans asap.
  13. hartey

hartey Member

Went to physio, told him what was happening, they gonna book me I'm for an MRI scan soon as, I couldn't even lie down for accupuncture! He warned me if I wee myself to go straight to a n e!