1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scanned the car for errors - which is Front left?

briniuk Jan 2, 2014

1. briniuk

briniuk Member

I have scanned my VW Fox for error codes its brought one saying front left ABS wheel speed sensor, now is that left side as you look at the car from the front or sat in the car?

2. Final 3Green Land

Final 3Green Land Member

I can't believe I am answering this...

Its with you sat in the car; the front is the bit forward of the steering wheel, where the engine is found and the rear is behind you.... That is as long as you are still facing forward looking to the front!!

and, as long as the car is right hand drive, ie made for UK roads,

The front left of the car is the area with a seat but without a steering wheel and the front right is the area of the car with a steering wheel... :keule:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
  3. briniuk

briniuk Member

Goodness I know where the front of the car is!

My query was whether its passenger front or drivers front where the fault lies

4. hades-

hades- Yorkshire & Humber Rep. Regional Rep VCDS Map User

5. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

It's a reasonable question asked by the OP. It may seem simple but it could just as easily be the side of the car viewed from the front and not the back.Evrythings easy when you know the answer.
    For clarification , The left side is the passenger side.

Karl.