scam alert for people selling cars

imraans3

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, just a quick word of warning to anyone selling their car there is a scam that i came across today pointed out by fellow asn member imteyaz, which would catch some people out!, to brief you in i have my car forsale on the tinternet pistonheads/autotrader and i get this email from a guy named david cole who said he was interested in my car and would like further pics and bit more details even tho i have several pics on both the sites, anyway i emailed the person in question back with some car details, later on in the day after work i recieve an email from this scammer stating he is intrested in the car but cannot come to view it due to his flexible schedule! then he mentions he would like to pay by paypal as its linked to his bank account as it is safe and secure, he then asked for these items
  1. The pictures of the car (Again)
  2. What is the condition?
  3. Are you the original owner
  4. your paypal email address
  5. your pick up location address
Then he says get back to me with your address so i can forward to the shipping company to schedule an appointment with you for pick up, i have a private pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been made!

to conclude this long story i could have played into his trap and got fcuked over, so you have been warned guys and gals! oh and the name to look out for is

cdavid1621@gmail.com (first email sent to me via this address on 11th april 00:05am)
cdavid1621@yahoo.com (second email sent to me via this email address on 11th april 17:53pm)

hope this info helps! and a big shout out to fellow
asn member imteyaz for pointing the obvious out!

Fooking ******* out there.

Why have you been done? Still got your car havent you?

Dani_B19 i still have my car as i just ignored the second email he sent using a different email address! sum ppl could get caught out and have their cars taken under the impression they have done a gr8 deal until they find out that they have been conned!

This happened constantly when selling my a3 on auto trader, they all got the most offensive, rude abusive responses that I could muster!

Soon as people start to mention they are not collecting in person, just forget it. General rule of thumb is, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. The amount of people pulling these kind of tricks/cons is unreal. Police can't do anything so you got to look after yourself.

This happened constantly when selling my a3 on auto trader, they all got the most offensive, rude abusive responses that I could muster!

I had this scam email a day after putting it on autotrader!!!

I wouldn't entertain anyone that mentioned shipping...end of!!

I got the same email in January when selling my A3, just ignored it as didn't like the sound of it. All the enquiries I got from Autotrader were scams, don't think I'll ever bother with Autotrader again. To my surprise Ebay classifieds was a lot cheaper and yielded far better results.

Bit of an old one this tbh, just a slight change from the norm western union etc.

No one in their right mind would buy a used car without seeing it first! Tell them to do one :). Too many scams on the internet, i guess because to many people fall for them.