Save our General Chat!!!!

So is the result of the poll the deciding factor?

I don't know. If enough people vote yes then I'd put the proposal to site admin, it's not something I can do.

There's other idea's being put forward on here which are interesting too, so maybe some of those suggestions will be actioned.

There's other idea's being put forward on here which are interesting too, so maybe some of those suggestions will be actioned.

Yeah man. I'd like to make the point that the forum isn't run FOR the admin team.

The site is run for the USERS who are on here day to day. Surely it makes sense to ask, and also listen to the people who use the site.

Each one of us comes back day after day because we get something we enjoy out of this site. Without the loyal regulars, forums would be useless, and that's true of all forums, not just ASN. We all see people come and go after 2 or 3 posts, they come, get the info they need, and then go without helping others.

I appreciate that running a large forum takes a lot of work, however if the users who stick with the forum aren't happy, then where is the point?

I'm not saying I'm not happy by any means, however I just don't want that point to get lost...

Yeah man. I'd like to make the point that the forum isn't run FOR the admin team.

The site is run for the USERS who are on here day to day. Surely it makes sense to ask, and also listen to the people who use the site.

Each one of us comes back day after day because we get something we enjoy out of this site. Without the loyal regulars, forums would be useless, and that's true of all forums, not just ASN. We all see people come and go after 2 or 3 posts, they come, get the info they need, and then go without helping others.

I appreciate that running a large forum takes a lot of work, however if the users who stick with the forum aren't happy, then where is the point?

I'm not saying I'm not happy by any means, however I just don't want that point to get lost...

It's responses like that^^^^^ that makes you one of my favourites. :friends:

WIth that thinking this forum will end up with just a A4 section, 8L, 8P, section for Aythree and a section for any thing else that don't fit in the above.

just cause its quiet does not mean it needs to be closed to joined with another quiet section.

not really. The car model forums are separate as they are to remain specific for that type. These are 2 general sections. there are still car thing being put in general chat anyway like the barryboy style thread etc

Just to clarify here in the event of misunderstanding, the idea's being put forward are from the suggestions in this thread, and the "maybe" mentioned above is purely because it isn't my decision to either make or action so it wouldn't be fair of me to say it WILL happen.

I'm not sure if you misinterpreted my point, or if I misinterpreted yours, if so then I apologise.

Of course it's run for the users, which is why the question was put to the poll, hence asking the users and listening to their reply.