SatNav

PigPen

Reaction score
Evening All. I have just be reading that the SatNav unit doesn't allow you to input 7 digit postcodes in which sounds a huge problem to me, is it? How do people cope, is there a software update to overcome this? It sounds like you get a better unit in a Hyundai i10!

It's not a huge problem, trapping your nuts in a car door is a huge problem! I've been using the RNS-E for the last 7 years and never had a problem before. I found the RNS-E far more for accurate than tomtom / garmin. There is no software update or work around.

Do you regularly trap your nuts based on your name B5NUT? Presumably you put in the first few digits? How close does this get you to your destination? It is a wilderness down here!

Just trying to put things in perspective! I've relied on tomtom when using company hire cars before, put in the full post code and set off, it dropped me 4 miles away from where I should be as was in the postcode area (out in the sticks). In 7 years I've only had 1 address the nav could not find and been all over the country and into Europe using an RNS-E.

Only joking! Can you input street names and house numbers?

Yes, once you put the postcode in it will give you a list of streets in that area, once selected it then gives you a choice of number, End Entry or intersection. It's a good system with very comprehensive maps.

Reactions: PigPen
Pretty excited now although I haven't quite wet myself just yet!

Reactions: robbiemac
I agree, I think the lack of full code search is nothing, it takes seconds to input an address anyway even with rns structure so I dont think you'll have any issues at all.

Pretty excited now although I haven't quite wet myself just yet!

IF you have concerns then call me and I will meet you at your Hotel for coffee and to discuss.

But you WILL be ok, really!

The RS3 is a VERY capable (more than you most probably) piece of machinery!

I WILL be there to see the last RS3 being driven away from Stafford Audi.

MY intention is to stay well in the background and take a few pics.

Take care, and enjoy your NEW RS3; I did, I have, and I am!

18-hours to go... OH MY G*d!

Looking forward to the pictures boys....... try and keep him calm 45bvtc.....

So, todays the day pigpen collects his car. Im sure he must be well excited. Look forward to the pictures. :) x

So, todays the day pigpen collects his car. Im sure he must be well excited. Look forward to the pictures. :) x

There was (and wider still after 10-miles or so) a VERY wide smile guys - and Stafford Audi did a great presentation too. All photo's to Pig_Pen and he'll post, I'm sure.

And fantastic weather too, cloudless...

And for me, to have an RS3 follow me down the M6? PURE MAGIC! What a GREAT, but discreet, looking car the RS3 is!

And a big thanks to Pig_Pen for allowing me to share the experience...

Thanks for all your help John much appreciated! Will try and get some pics up later but need to take my old car to Exeter Station now for its new owner - the problems of living in the sticks, 60 miles to the nearest train station!

All went well yesterday apart from the swirl marks and fine scratches all over the bodywork - how do they manage to do this, bordering on cavemen! Seriously though I bought the car in transit from Germany so it has never been anywhere and I can't imagine it would have left Germany like that and I am sure it would have had protection on it actually I know so as a lot of it hasn't been cleaned off. But the car is so 'awesome' as my youngest would say even I overlooked the scratches and just wanted to drive the damn thing!

IMG_8482.jpg

Reactions: CatnipRS3, Kelza and robbiemac
Amazing car shame about the cleaners! I have been quoted £400 today to correct the swirls and scratches so to put it back to how it should have been when I collected it what are the chances the dealer will pay for this?

IMG_8486.jpg

I wish he had cleaned my car he may have done a better job :tocktock:

Shame, my Suzuka paint was and is flawless.....

A detail will be worth than just the correction, professionally added layers of protection are worth that alone; the correction itself would only be a proportion of the cost anyways.

Looks awesome anyway......enjoy.

Can you upload gpx routes to any audi satnav?
You certainly can't do it to the RNS-E in the RS3, and I'm pretty sure you can't to any of the MMI systems in newer models either.

Hi Piggles!....love the car mate, and yes I had the swirls also and I'm gonna get it detailed in Spring...get's me why a brand like Audi lets their cars go out like this....when mine is ever at the dealers I demand they don't do their complimentary valet!

Also....can you post a piccy of ya black exhaust tippies?

:thumbsup:

Hi Piggles!....love the car mate, and yes I had the swirls also and I'm gonna get it detailed in Spring...get's me why a brand like Audi lets their cars go out like this....when mine is ever at the dealers I demand they don't do their complimentary valet!

Also....can you post a piccy of ya black exhaust tippies?

:thumbsup:

Check out these Vader tips...
4a062aa5b985bd96bd50592a73db4e8b.jpg

Eh?...thought you had some?

I do but I thought Robbiemac had satisfied your lust! Mine is tucked up in the garage so would be tomorrow now if you still want me to let me know. Presumably 'Vader' are another make?

I do but I thought Robbiemac had satisfied your lust! Mine is tucked up in the garage so would be tomorrow now if you still want me to let me know. Presumably 'Vader' are another make?

ha ha ha ha..... in joke dude, Vader, as in Darth Vader....... Black optics project on my RS3 refer to all black details as project Vader!
d0a353b21edd6f817566fec3e888185d_zpsa2d0a846.jpg

f7f125d793235509bdd138ab2b0fb3a0_zpscee9bd91.jpg

oh yeah, my tips are already black.......

Reactions: PigPen
Black optics are mint......my glossy black pipes do spend most of their time a nice sooty black though

I have had a few issues with no full post codes, looking for places where the post code area is huge, and I am looking for a place in the middle of no where, not often, but I find it annoying and time consuming to not have the full post code ability, but a good reliable system, just feels antiquated

Having now had it for a few days it isn't great for living in the sticks! Even full postcodes don't get you to the door like my own house but most lanes around here don't have names so even with 5 digits you have no chance. Maybe I should move to Milton Keynes?

I also can't believe there is no 'artwork' on the ipod screen in this day and age, Hyundai put Audi to shame in that department.

I also can't believe there is no 'artwork' on the ipod screen in this day and age.
+1

It's crazy that AMI doesn't display the album artwork along with the album/track info on the RNS-E screen.

I also can't believe there is no 'artwork' on the ipod screen in this day and age, Hyundai put Audi to shame in that department.

The RS3 is NOT the car for you... Admit it and get rid!