1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SatNav - Software upgrade required? Recent maps?

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by Francis-A6, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Francis-A6

Francis-A6 New Member

[Jan 17, 2013]
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this, so my apologies if I sound like an amateur.. ;o)

I have an 2010 Audi A6 Le Mans (C6 platform I suppose), with MMI Basic Plus 3G (DVD based, in the glove box), and as most Audi owners, I am not happy with the Sat Nav: I can't enter the full post code and the voice guidance is not always top (eg in a round about I am told to turn left to take the exit far too early)...

The details I have are:
    Software version: BNav_EU-P0022_D1
    NAv Database version: 4G0919884F_ECE 5.10.5

The SatNAv DVD is Europa, version 2010, MMI 3G.

The questions I have are:
    1. do I have the latest firmware? I read in various threads that there were available updates, but couldn't find out if mine is the lastest or not.
    2. If there is a more recent firmware, will it be installed by Audi FOC? Can any VWAudi dealer do it?
    3. How can I get the latest version of the maps? Does it have to come from Audi (which would be very expensive I suppose) or can a copy be enough or a new one from Ebay? Will an activation code be required? Someone on Ebay is proposing a Audi MMI 3G DVD Sat Nav disc 2012 Europe, and says that there is no need for a PIN to activate the maps. Is it true?

Many thanks for your help!
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Moderator

[Jan 17, 2013]
    HI Francis, welcome to audi-sport.net. Any :sign_pics:. I am sure someone will be along shortly to advise you on the rns-e software. Enjoy the forum. :) x
  4. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 17, 2013]
    Well it's not RNS-E it's MMI 3G, Audi did a free upgrade to 2012 for a lot of people, don't how or why they did, but I would guess that 2012 or 13 would be the latest maps and firmware. I would not advise doing any 3G updates yourself and in fact I don't know of any disks for MMI 3G basic, only MMI 3G high, so I can't offer advise on them. But nowadays all updates from AUdi are done under SVM, so it may not only be a software update, but also a code change which is not documented anywhere.

Fom 2011 the disks had to be authorised by Audi in the workshop, so basically you get a one shot license key and and SVM code with the update disks and AUdi use this with your VIN to authorise any updates. If you don't then they wont work.
  5. Francis-A6

Francis-A6 New Member

[Jan 17, 2013]

Hi s8craig,

Thanks for your valuable feedbacks. I'll get in touch with Audi :)