Satnav losing favourites.

StevoWarby

Reaction score
Got the standard SD card based navigation and it does a very nice job. However a couple of times over the past few months it seems to lose all the stored favourites and home address.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Dealer today said a software update is available for my car but this is just for optimisation around the radio.

Yep, same thing happened to me. Vey frustrating when all you want it to do is to navigate you home. My wife has an Up with Maps and More. Cost her £150 for the device but it's more reliable than the Audi set up!
I've posted a new thread yesterday about the latest issues (see post :SD card sat nav playing up - delayed commands). I've had a chat with the Service Manager at the dealer and it's going in next Wednesday to be examined/fixed. Their Master Technician hasn't come across the fault before and they may need to contact Audi UK. Have suggested changing the SD sat nav card or the whole MMI unit in the glovebox. I'll let you know the outcome.

I've had this twice on my full tech with connect package.

Same thing with my std Sd sat nav.....lost all favourites, also seems to be alot slower inputting postcodes

Don't ask me why or how, but favourites seem dependant on your phone being connected via Bluetooth.

That's how it works for me anyway

No phone = no favourites

Don't ask me why or how, but favourites seem dependant on your phone being connected via Bluetooth.

That's how it works for me anyway

No phone = no favourites
Mine forgot my home address when I changed my phone. I figured it must be tied to which phone was connected so that if multiple people shared the car they could each have their own favourites. That's just a guess though based on the one time mine "forgot".

Reactions: phil1824
May not be relevant, but many personalised functions are tied to the particular key that's in the ignition at the time.

Reactions: monopole
Has happened to me once in 10 months. After a restart they were back again.

I got in my car a few weeks back and the steering was all light, I checked the ADS and it was back to auto not on dynamic which I previously selected. Just a fudge up I thought. Didn't realise these were stored per-key settings for possibly 2 different drivers. Just me gonna drive the car so now I make sure one of my keys is away somewhere so I don't pick it up by mistake again. Nice to know several individual things/settings are per-key though, new to me.

It would be great to get a complete list of all the setitngs stored by key....

I also am having problems with this:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...vourites-linked-to-phone.226661/#post-2259671

This is definitely related to the bluetooth connection, not the key (would be great if it was). I only use the one key however have two phones. Can pair one up, watch the favourites appear, connect the other phone up and they all go. Even if I've got in the car without my phone then they aren't there.

The most annoying thing is that you can save favourites with no phone connected - but then when your phone connects up they all disappear! It's completely bonkers having such a system!

Reactions: phil1824