SATNAV + CAMERA DETECTION

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Been thinking about a TomTom or NAVMAN or Road Angel.

Anyone recommend one over the other?

I'm more interested in the speed camera detection than the Satnav to be honest...
Does it pick up all camera types, including mobile units?

I have a Road Angel 6000, this is great for speed cameras, it does do sat nav, which is basic, but does the job! If your looking, the new 7000 is now out, which includes Europe.
It does include mobile Speed traps.

There is a comparitive test of lots of Sat Nav units in the week's Auto Express. They give a Best Buy 5 star rating to the Acer P630 @ £239.00 and the Shinco 350 GM 350S @£199.99. The also give a 4 star rating to The Tom Tom One V2 Europe @£214.13, the Navman F20 @£129, the Garmin nuvi 610T @ £269.94 and the AA Vive @ £149.99.

The Road Angle 7000 gets 3 stars together with several others.

My tomtom 510 has all the speed cameras, its excellent and also a great satnav

Thanks for that, never heard of some of them, but will have a look-see...

ive got the road angel 6000 works well but having to give it back as i split up with my ex girlfriend and she wants all the stuff back which she recently got me for my bday. ill prolly buy my own get the 7000 version. i dont wanna give it back!

tell her to poke it! she bought it for you, that makes it yours.

No GPS system will protect you from mobile traps. All they can do is alert you to a so called accident blackspot where typically a mobile trap may be setup. The laser detector within the RA2 and some others is pretty pointless (as well as becoming illegal) as this will only tell you when you've been zapped, not before.
You need a laser jammer (illegal) and a GPS system for full protection.
The RA is excellent especially for average speed camera SPECs.