1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAT NAV works with no disc

Discussion in 'Satellite Navigation' started by riggssuzuki, Jan 26, 2012.

1. riggssuzuki

riggssuzuki Active Member

I had a hire car 2011 A4 S Line. As i own an A4 i was interested to see that the SAT NAV worked without the disc in it. How can I get it do that on my own car? No SD card fitted or anything like that so can it be copied onto the system somehow?
  2. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

Three possible reasons, it was a HDD Nav plus system with the map on an internal HDD, it was a DVD nav system with the DVD copied to SD, there is an option to do this in the MMI menu or they had a new gen RMC system with Nav on SD card.
  3. riggssuzuki

riggssuzuki Active Member

As I mentioned. There was no SD card fitted. The system looked and operated exactly the same as my own. Its the same year etc. Maybe its embedded on the HDD for hire companies???
  4. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

The HDD nav system has a much higher quality screen than the Nav low system, you would have noticed if it was a high system with HDD. But you said it looked exactly the same as your own system.
  5. TripleD

TripleD Audi Novice

Check in the boot for the HDD unit, it should be under a cover on the left hand side.

I've just ordered a class 10 16GB SD card to transfer the Sat Nav stuff from disk to SD card for mine.
  6. s8craig

s8craig Active Member

HDD system is in the dash for A4/A5/Q5

Only radio/Amp/TV in the boot.