1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat Nav problem

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by JST, Jan 25, 2014.

1. JST

JST New Member

[Jan 25, 2014]
    I have an '05 Audi, A6 Allroad, and the original Sat Nav disc that came with the car when new. I recently tried updating disc and after set up neither discs work. Is it possible to re-boot my Nav? Can anyone help please? John.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 25, 2014]

3. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 25, 2014]
    what nav do you have rns-e?
  4. JST

JST New Member

[Jan 26, 2014]
    Hi B5NUT,
    Yes I have an Audi Navigation plus (RNS-E) Western Europe Version 2005. I tried to replace it with an Audi RNS-E 2013 version which I bought on the internet, and that was when the trouble started. When I tried to run it, I got the message "CD/DVD is unreadable. Please check the CD/DVD." The original disc throws up the same message too, now. Is there anything that I can do about it? The Audi garage want an extortionate amount to sort the problem. John (JST)
  5. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 27, 2014]
    Where are you based as some may be able to help. Sounds like the laser could be dirty and needs a clean, you would need the VW radio removal keys, then it's a simple case of removing the top and cleaning the laser with a cotton wool bud and some laser cleanser. How much did you pay for the nav disk, as sometime copy's don't work very well.
  6. JST

JST New Member

[Jan 27, 2014]
    I live in Cornwall, near Redruth. I paid £12 for the copy. The chaps feedback was good, and he had been trading for sometime, so I thought that he was reliable. When I got in touch with him to tell him that the disc would not work, he sent me another disc, but that threw up the same problem. He has since finished trading, which looks suspicious! My original Audi disc was working properly until I tried updating it, so I wouldn't think that the laser disc is dirty, but it might be worth a try. The unit still plays music CDs so it is just the Nav disc that is faulty. John. (JST)
  7. d3m0n

d3m0n New Member

[Jan 27, 2014]
    mine did exactly the same, cleaning did nothing nor did replacement discs.

Was told i needed a new laser.....£200 to fix it with Nigel (NHN)on here......when i can get mine booked in. Shame its so much when you can get a standalone for much less!