1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sat nav plus

Discussion in 'A6/S6/Allroad forum (C5 Chassis)' started by gav, Apr 22, 2007.

1. gav

gav S6 vvv

[Apr 22, 2007]
    Hi all,is therr any way to keep the tv on when your driving,not for me, but for the kids. you know how it cuts off above 5mph...it would keep them quiet lol
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 31, 2014]

3. Sinny71

Sinny71 S55 LKS

[Apr 22, 2007]
    I know it can be done but not sure whats involved as I dont have it. Try checking out www.navplus.us for more info.
  4. simonwjones

simonwjones Member

[Apr 23, 2007]
    If you are on abot the one prior to the rns-e whcih is cd based and not dvd, then all you have to do it put a switch inline with the gala cable. This lets breaks the speed signal to the nav unit and it thinks you arent moving.

It does mean that the nav wont be able to tell where you are though whilst watching tv.

If you are on about the rns-e then you have two solutions. Have someone like craigyb plug his doofer into your obdc connection and sort it or i believe on Naplus there is a way of doing it by downgrading the software, running a programm someone has written, chaing the filed in vagcom( which at the moment cant be done) and then reapplying the new update again.

Seems like a pain in the arse to me, buts its possibel

Cheers

Simon
  5. gav

gav S6 vvv

[May 29, 2007]
    Thank you both...this site is the best ..keep up the good work:respekt:
  6. matt_o121

matt_o121 2.8Q

[May 29, 2007]
    You need to either put a switch in or disconnect the gala wire to the rear of the main iso plug, not the nav plug.

the only down side will be the speed volume will not work, you need to leave the gala wire to the nav plug.

the nav then works fine, just the speed dependant volume doesn't

there are normally wiring looms on ebay for £10-15 that will plug in without having to cut anything if you search!