Sat Nav need VCDS cable (VAG-COM)

JST

Reaction score
Can anyone help please? I have an '05 Audi A6 Allroad and the original Sat Nav disc that came with the car when new. I recently tried to update the disc and after set up neither disc works. I saw on the internet that you need a VCDS cable (VAG-COM) Is it possible to re-boot my Nav? I live in Redruth, Cornwall. John Thorne.

Old post, but I have VCDS and live in Newquay. You'll need to research what needs to be done and then I'll do it for you.

Old post, but I have VCDS and live in Newquay. You'll need to research what needs to be done and then I'll do it for you.

Thanks for replying to my post. I have found instructions for resetting the system to its original factory settings. They are as follows:
Remove the DVD
-connect with VAG-COM to #37
-set channel 97 to 1 and save the value
-exit VAG-COM
-insert the old DVD that contains the software that you want to downgrade to
-wait until the RNS-E finishes the update (starts a few seconds after inserting the DVD will reboot twice and then power off)
-connect with VAG-COM to #37 channel 97 and then save the value of 0
Does this seem possible to do with your equipment?
Perhaps I could contact you by phone and we could discuss the problem further.
Thanks JST

Thanks for replying to my post. I have found instructions for resetting the system to its original factory settings. They are as follows:
Remove the DVD
-connect with VAG-COM to #37
-set channel 97 to 1 and save the value
-exit VAG-COM
-insert the old DVD that contains the software that you want to downgrade to
-wait until the RNS-E finishes the update (starts a few seconds after inserting the DVD will reboot twice and then power off)
-connect with VAG-COM to #37 channel 97 and then save the value of 0
Does this seem possible to do with your equipment?
Perhaps I could contact you by phone and we could discuss the problem further.
Thanks JST

Sure, PM me and we can talk. I work from home so available most days and happy to help. Looks possible with VCDS yeah.

Sure, PM me and we can talk. I work from home so available most days and happy to help. Looks possible with VCDS yeah.
Sorry to be ignorant but what did you mean by PM me?
JST

No worries, personal message me and I'll send my number