Facelift Sat Nav/Map Traffic

glamic26

Reaction score
Has anyone else with the SatNav/Maps recently lost a feature where the map used to highlight any roads nearby with traffic by marking the road with a red line? My traffic alerts still work when navigating but it used to highlight congested roads nearby even when I wasn't specifically navigating anywhere which was particularly useful on my work commute. It appears a recent update might have removed this useful feature.

I've seen this when the MMI system does not show ONLINE in the bottom right hand corner. If it shows TMCpro, then there's visual traffic info displayed.

I'm wondering if this is the same problem I'm encountering - I also don't get ONLINE in the bottom corner any more.

For me I think it's due to poor 3G/4G signal when I am leaving work (for example) eventually it must get sufficient signal and gets online.

What year is your car? I know FL models have built in SIM which is free for a certain time period.

I had something similar but noticed that, after a map update, the online traffic is now in its own category within the navigation. I cant remember the menu off-hand but it is where you select what POI to show, like petrol stations, car-parks, etc.

Do you have the tech pack? You should get a 36 month licence

If you just have the standard SD based nav then the licence only lasts 3 month. If you call Audi UK they will extend it for 12 months for free.

Reactions: AL_B