1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat Nav Info

Discussion in 'A5/S5/RS5 Forum' started by Gladesmark, Jun 5, 2009.

1. Gladesmark

Gladesmark New Member

Hi All

Just got my new S5 ...... sexy as hell.

The Sat Nav (fitted) works well, however, on approach to a roundabout it will pre-warn for ,''take the second exit, straight on, continue on the A1''. Brilliant I thought........ untill I arrived at the roundabout and the Sat Nav then commands ''Turn left now'' ........ which is not so good as this is the first exit !!

Not a huge problem but an annoying one.

Does anyone else get this ?

Can I fix it ?

Audi, apparently, know and acknowledge that the issue is there !

Help !!

Many thanks Mark

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. s8craig

s8craig Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

My 3G nav system does that, quite annoying. But if I remember correctly the old 2G MMI Nav system did it until they updated the maps. So you may just have to wait a while.

4. Gladesmark

Gladesmark New Member

Thanks for that ........ updated maps eh!

Im awaiting a good answer from Audi themselves , which I shall post here too. It will be interesting if they admit to outdated mapping, bearing in mind they charge 2k for the Sat Nav system !!!

5. Gladesmark

Gladesmark New Member

Got the car back .... Its still brilliant ..... Audi (Germany) admit that there is an issue which does not affect all of its cars, they are working on a fix for the problem apparently !

6. The911SC

The911SC Active Member

I found the same thing; the on roundabout view is so confusing its useless. My old RNS-E display was so much better ..