1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SAT-NAV FITTING

leecool Aug 28, 2013

1. leecool

leecool Member

Hi guys, I'm considering buying a genuine sat-nave unit for my 2007 A3 S-BK S-line with Bose sound system + Parrot B-Tooth.
    I'm not up on Audi tech, but I am technically minded, so I'd like to ask if I will need any extra leads, will I need VCDS or VAG COM to code it to the car? I don't have the MFSW so that's a little easier I suppose.
    Are they worth it?
    cheers guys.

2. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

Site sponsor NHN supplies and fits these, may be worth dropping him a pm. :) x

NHN likes this.
  3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Because you have an 07 car, you may experiences degraded radio reception, so to get optimal reception, it needs an upgrade, yes its always advisable to code it & certainly for phone it will need coding.

As a user not just installer, I think they're worthwhile as they work with all the cars systems, flush fit in the dash, do what they say on the tin.

We supply/fit if interested.

Hostile and Sandra like this.
  4. leecool

leecool Member

Hi NHN, yes I'm interested, I'm looking to get a 2010-2013 unit if poss. I been offered a 2013 unit, guy said he'd code it ready for my Bose setup, all I'd need to do it pop it in & input the supplied code all for £479.00.
    I'm really confused what is true & what isn't. Be great to get your input & if you can fit n supply.
    cheers

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Just got back from a flight so will go through my PM's this evening.