Sat Nav Discs

wolfie138

Reaction score
given mine's over two years old now i was mulling over getting a newer version. has anyone updated their? what's the going price/best place for them? had a quick look at ebay but the prices are all over the place and some certainly don't look legit, lol.

I got the 2012 Disc for mine earlier this year. Cost me £7.99 from eBay and it works a treat! You just need to keep a look out on eBay.

i don't do piracy, i'll get it from one of the legit sources.

As this is a B8 the RNS-E discs won't work on this model, the OP need to state what MMI is installed in the car. If it's the 2G version then you can get "backup" disks other versions of MMI will require a trip to your local Audi dealer, as the maps require activation via VAS

this is the 2g mmi satnav as fitted to the early b8 model . 3g mmi can be sourced but still like you stated needs activation by either audi or a few other that can actually generate the correct codes . i know that its possible to have the 2013 maps activated for a fraction of what audi charges.

just exhuming my thread as i'm back in the market for discs, having not got them last time.

is this still valid, needing the thing activated? if so, how much?

3G was £268 at audi for me a few weeks ago. You need the firmware doing too for it to work properly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

**** that then. how do they get away w/ charging for a data disc? that shouldn't need firmware.

am i at cross purposes - i don't want an upgrade to 3g, i just want newer discs for my existing one than the 2011 version i got w/ the car.