Sat Nav Disc

It's in the head unit if it's an RNSE. Press the eject button so the screen opens up and then you will have access to the disc as well as the 2 x memory slots.

Thanks, i know about the memory stick slots but never noticed that's where the disc lives, must look harder in future.

Well the disc was quit scratched so i have bought a new disc, still comes up with cannot read disc, it does however play music cd's no problem, i bought the new nav cd from a reputable company with good recommendations, any ideas ?

Is it a genuine disc? Mine is fine with the original 07 I have but has problems with a cheepo I bought off ebay, sometimes it doesn't read it, other times it takes at least 15 minutes to load up, complete waste of money.

Right i used one of those cleaning discs today & the old disc now works, however when i put the new disc in i get a message saying " Loading please wait ", well I've waited & waited & waited for over an hour, nothing happens, i got the disc from satnavdiscsale.com they seem quit genuine, have emailed them but no response yet.

No wait i tell a lie.
Just had this reply, i will try it tomorrow & keep you all updated

Insert DVD while engine is running
Leave for 2 minutes
Turn engine off, exit the vehicle and lock the car
Wait 5 minter
Enter the vehicle and start her up
The disc should then load up fine.

Leave for 2 minutes
Wait 5 minter

Not heard that before lol

Just grabbed the 2016 version (Purely for testing purposes) burnt it to disc and worked immediately. My 2015 test version used to work for about an hour or so and then throw up the "Can't read disc" error.

Right i used one of those cleaning discs today & the old disc now works, however when i put the new disc in i get a message saying " Loading please wait ", well I've waited & waited & waited for over an hour, nothing happens, i got the disc from satnavdiscsale.com they seem quit genuine, have emailed them but no response yet.

No wait i tell a lie.
Just had this reply, i will try it tomorrow & keep you all updated

Leave for 2 minutes
Wait 5 minter

Sounds like you've been sold the same POS that I've got. If Audi sold the genuine discs at a sensible price they'd probably make more money due to increased volume of sales and also put the cowboys out of business.

At least your head unit seems to be working which is the main thing.

Watch out for using non-genuine disks that people have copied at home.

For some reason they make the lasers get really hot in the drive. I bought a new set of maps off eBay, stuck it in the RNSe, it loaded (eventually) but the drive and disk got really hot. I think the drive struggles to read them.

Have gone back to my old 2006 maps now. :(

I purchased from these guys last year: sales@audisatnav.co.uk

AUDI RNS-E Navigation Plus 2015 Europe Map Update at £31.90 (in 2015) to include FREE software "update-disc"

Works perfectly on both my 2010 TT and 2011 RS3

IMPORTANT mind to have and install the software "update-disc" first; the map-disc sourced elsewhere would run but then crash; the "update" disc sorted them issues and now the alternative supplier provides the "update" disc, too

Just sayin, my 2010 TT and 2011 RS3 needed the software "update-disc" to run properly

Well with a bit of skepticism i followed the instructions this morning & low & behold it worked
ONCE
Didn't actually drive the car after i set a destination but later on when i did go out in the car it wouldn't work.
Back to the old disc again.

I've binned the 'bargain' disc and rewound to 08 on original, lets face it, how many new roads have they actually built since then anyway?

Well i contacted the supplier again & explained the problem i was still having, without hesitation they said they would send me out a brand new 2016 disc, arrived this morning & after it updated the software it fired into life with no problems.

Reactions: carlcall
Can anyone point me in the right direction for a genuine 2015 one? Not bothered if its a brand new or genuine i think the one ive got is a copy and keeps throwing up " dvd is unreadable" every so offen, thanks

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a genuine 2015 one? Not bothered if its a brand new or genuine i think the one ive got is a copy and keeps throwing up " dvd is unreadable" every so offen, thanks

Try cleaning the laser, I had the same issue, quick wipe over with a lens cleaner soaked cotton bud and its been fine ever since.