1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sat nav accuracy

Discussion in 'New A3/S3 (8V Chassis)' started by SimonIG10, Jul 6, 2013.

1. SimonIG10

SimonIG10 Member

I have the SD sat nav in my new 13 plate sportback. It is fine but It has failed to recognise a few road systems and wondered if it was bang up to date. Has there been any recent updates?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Should be latest release tbh, so must be missing these roads.

4. deci

deci Active Member

I have the tech pack with the latest maps and there's still some roads (some more than a year old) that it doesn't recognise. It also has some.... eccentricities... The other week at 1am it calculated that the quickest way for me to get home was using a Ferry (she gave no warning about it as I set off). By the time I realised her faux pas I had added an extra hour onto my journey:(

5. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Does your mmi have dynamic navigation option, if so turn it of as that will change routes auto & not to the optimal either, did the same to me on an rns-e & took me on a joy ride around stoke on trent when the M6 wasn't actually that busy lol.

6. SimonIG10

SimonIG10 Member

I'm glad it wasn't just me. The roads in central Gloucester gave it some problems

7. V00D00

V00D00 Member

Hello Simon,
    Does the Sat Nav pick up the GL post codes Ok? I read in a earlier post (a couple of months a Go) that it was a problem.
    As I also live in the Gloucestershire area I would be interested to know. Car being collected 1st Sept.

8. SimonIG10

SimonIG10 Member

Yes, seemed to pick them up but the roads outside the shopping outlet centre seemed to give it probs.

9. V00D00

V00D00 Member

Thanks for info. The shopping centre was built approx 4 years ago, does that mean the Sat Nav maps are that old!! I was hoping for current map software. Not four / five years old. Has anyone questioned Audi on this topic?